Residential Service Forms

Welcome to our community! 

Image of the first page in Sun Prairie Utilities Welcome Packet

Sun Prairie Utilities created a Welcome Packet so new customers can learn about the community-owned utility and several helpful details in a downloadable PDF. Click here to access the Welcome Packet

New Service

Sun Prairie Utilities requires a signed application when you apply for service. You can start the process by visiting our office, calling us at (608) 837-5500, or by completing the New Residential Service online form. Sun Prairie Utilities provides water and electric services, and is the billing agent for City Sewer and City Storm Water departments. Any one service request will include all applicable service changes at your location.We do require at least one business day's notice for special meter readings.

Requests submitted after 11:00 a.m. Fridays will be processed the next business day and scheduled for the following second business day. 

Transfer Service

If you are currently a Sun Prairie Utilities' customer and you are moving to another address within our service area, you may transfer your service by calling our office at (608) 837-5500 or by completing the Transfer Service online form.

Discontinue Service

If you are moving out of the Sun Prairie Utilities area and need to close your account with us, please call us at (608) 837-5500 at least two business days in advance of your anticipated termination date.  You can also complete the Request to Discontinue Service online form.

Billing Address Change

Occasionally, we know some of our customers will want their utility bill sent to an address that is different than their service address.  This can be done by calling our office at (608) 837-5500 or by completing the Change of Address online form.