As your locally-owned utility, our employees are our most valuable asset. In order to provide safe, efficient and reliable service to our customers, we will continue to put employee and public safety at the fore front. To limit the community risk of the COVID-19 virus while maintaining the resources needed to run our operations, we are taking the following steps:
We will continue to serve our customers and respond to outages as we implement the following changes:
- The utility office is open to public traffic. SPU will encourage social distancing as ordered by Public Health Madison Dane County
- We encourage you to communicate with us via email or telephone 608-837-5500 for other utility business.
- Payments can be made via the Drive-up Window, MyAccount and the payment drop box.
- We have many payment options available.
- Field crews will practice social distancing when required to enter private buildings.
- We remind customers to review and manage any automatic payments set up if they are financially affected by COVID-19.
- We are following guidelines recommended by the CDC for personal hygiene and have increased disinfection methods and frequency of all high touch areas.
- We continue to chlorinate the water. There is no evidence that COVID-19 is transferable through the water supply.
Updates will be shared through our website and social media channels.